Bentley Car Show!!

Go down

Bentley Car Show!!

Post by bluehtchbckdrv on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:27 pm

Hey Everyone,
I hope that your summer's have been going well so far.

While its still early, it is getting closer to us getting back to school and holding our most successful car show!

This years show, weather permitting, will be in September on Saturday the 27th

Here is were we are at for the show:
1) We will he charging an entrance fee to show your car of $5 and will include a free meal
2) We have 2 sponsors lined up and are still hunting for more
3) We will have a grill to BBQ, although we are happy to look at alternatives for food
4) The show will be held in Lot 1 across from the "LaCava Center" on Upper Campus. We have tons of room and won't have to worry about random cars taking up our valuable parking space.
5) Food will also be for sale to the rest of campus who comes to the event, and there wont be an entrance fee for them
6) There will be prizes again for the show winners

Well, I think thats all for now, but at least it gives everyone a better base of what we are looking at for this years show!

At the end of this month, I will post up a better detailed description of the event and will ask everyone to post it on any other forums they visit

Let me know if you have any questions Very Happy
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

View user profile http://ecampus.bentley.edu/studentorgs/bmo

Back to top Go down

Re: Bentley Car Show!!

Post by SmoothOperator on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:21 pm

As far as sponsors go, try to reach out to Zach or Tom at yoparts.com (zach@yoparts.com, tom@yoparts.com). They had expressed interest for the prior car show date in the spring.

Also, to promote for this event..there is a group on Facebook called Cruise Eastern MA (CEMA) that is new and pretty active, they send out messages every week with upcoming car related events. I'll let the head of that group know, also to any of the members of this forum you all should check it out.

Also, anyone looking to get details before the show, let me know, can help you out with some killer pricing for full exterior interior detail.

SmoothOperator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 93cobra670 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:09 pm

thanks for the info! ^^

we need to sit down and come up with classes and parking arrangements and what not. I'll also go ahead and get started on the publicity side of things
93cobra670

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricer on Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:12 am

I will have WBTY on board...

Also, I will try talking to my boss at Glaceau (Vitamin Water) to see if we can work something out. If not We can hit the energy drink crowd again... or both!

Ricer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:08 am

Ricer wrote:I will have WBTY on board...

Also, I will try talking to my boss at Glaceau (Vitamin Water) to see if we can work something out. If not We can hit the energy drink crowd again... or both!

Sounds Great!
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBoyBlue on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:59 am

SmoothOperator wrote:Also, to promote for this event..there is a group on Facebook called Cruise Eastern MA (CEMA) that is new and pretty active, they send out messages every week with upcoming car related events. I'll let the head of that group know, also to any of the members of this forum you all should check it out.
I'm the head of the CEMA group Very Happy
I was invited to the Facebook event by a Bentley Alumni last night. I will add this to the list and make sure to send out an e-mail the week of the show.

What are the different classes that will be judged? *hoping you say Motorcycles*

MyBoyBlue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricer on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:54 pm

MyBoyBlue wrote:
SmoothOperator wrote:Also, to promote for this event..there is a group on Facebook called Cruise Eastern MA (CEMA) that is new and pretty active, they send out messages every week with upcoming car related events. I'll let the head of that group know, also to any of the members of this forum you all should check it out.
I was invited to the Facebook event by a Bentley Alumni last night. I will add this to the list and make sure to send out an e-mail the week of the show.

What are the different classes that will be judged? *hoping you say Motorcycles*

I am sure if we have enough representation, then that can be a possibility

Ricer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 93cobra670 on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:29 am

MyBoyBlue wrote:

A motorcycle class would be sweet, and thanks for helping with getting the word out!
93cobra670

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv on Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:24 am

ok, its official!
We have lot 8 & 9 for the car show!
I have posted up a registration form on the BMO site, SO PLEASE REGISTER!!!!!

More importantly, start getting the word out about the show and tell everyone you can think of!

http://ecampus.bentley.edu/org/bmo/home.htm
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBoyBlue on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:26 am

Thanks for making a motorcycle class. Is it cool if I register my bike AND my car??

MyBoyBlue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:22 pm

MyBoyBlue wrote:Thanks for making a motorcycle class. Is it cool if I register my bike AND my car??

Yes! Register everything you have!
You are certainly not limited to one class
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bentley car show Sept 27

Post by RobBaker on Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:57 pm

I haven't seen much activity, is the show still on. I'm looking to promote the show on our ffcobra.com forum. Perhaps there is more information at another site ?

RobBaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:07 pm

RobBaker wrote:I haven't seen much activity, is the show still on. I'm looking to promote the show on our ffcobra.com forum. Perhaps there is more information at another site ?

Hi Rob,
Sorry if it appears to be low activity here. With us just getting back to school here I have been concentrating on trying to get my classes going!

The show is absolutely still on!!

The show is Saturday the 27th from 11am to 4pm (although its not a solid end date).

We will have 5 classes for trophies: Import, Truck, Domestic, Bike, Classic, and Peoples Choice.
There is a small entrance fee of $5 to show your car, but its free for people to come and see.
There will be food and music at the event all day (I am just waiting on final conformation on what the food will be).

The show will be located on Bentley College's Campus in Lots 8 and 9 on the academic level of the campus (I will post up a map either tonight or tomorrow).

And thats pretty much the idea behind the show. If you any more questions that you would like answered, please dont hesitate to either post up on this site (I check it almost daily) or send me an e-mail at cambata_ian@bentley.edu.

I have also placed the info on the New England Cobra Club pg on the clubcobra.com forum, although its due for a bump up to the top. I am hoping to have more cobra's at this years event!

All the best,
-Ian
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RobBaker on Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:18 am

Is the show on rain or shine or can it be postponed to Sunday which looks to be the better of the two days. The open top 65 Cobra doesn't like wet weather Smile

RobBaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:38 am

The wet weather looks as though it wont be a problem till the evening. So at this time I would say that the show is still on.
if bad weather hits, the show will bump to Sunday, however I think we should be ok for sat
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RobBaker on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:35 am

Ian,
Is the show still on for Saturday looks like a washout. I believe Sunday is the better of the two days but even Sunday may produce some passing showers.
Rob

RobBaker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluehtchbckdrv on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:29 am

RobBaker wrote:Ian,
Is the show still on for Saturday looks like a washout. I believe Sunday is the better of the two days but even Sunday may produce some passing showers.
Rob

Hi Rob,
I appreciate your patience with this.
On Saturday, I will still be there, but the show is more or less postponed due to the weather. However, we are looking at either holding the show on Sunday (which is supposed to be pretty clear and nice) or October 4th (next saturday).
I have to speak with the people involved and see what we can do to move the show, however it will be very difficult to let everyone know that the show has been moved to a different weekend.
For the moment, let's say that the show is postponed to sunday.
I will try to get a hold of the people I need to today and see about the 4th. I apologize that this is all so vague, but I am actually in IL right now as I was supposed to bring our cobra out to the show, however that is not going to happen any longer Sad

I will post up again this afternoon/evening with final details about when the show will be held.
Thanks,
-Ian
bluehtchbckdrv
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBoyBlue on Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:54 pm

I sent out an e-mail from my CEMA group in Facebook and also updated the Recent News to include the show this Saturday.

I'm actually glad it got rained out last weekend, I was out of town and would have missed it. I'm putting new chain/sprockets on my bike so hopefully it will be ready for Saturday. I wish I could have brought my RX7 but its not running now and I'm dropping an LS1 motor in it.

MyBoyBlue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum